In order for you to receive your certification at the completion of your Endourology Fellowship, the following requirements MUST be met:
- 1. Submission to Journal of Endourology for the Endourology Society Essay Contest, (instructions are attached) by April 1st of the year of your planned graduation. The paper must be either a translational or basic science investigation or an original clinical study (reviews are not acceptable). Failure to submit this manuscript will result in failure to graduate. In order to allow for a timely review of your paper and with regard to the time constraints of the contest reviewers, there are no extensions beyond the April 1st deadline. This is a requirement for both Advanced Clinical Training Certificates and Two Year Endourology Fellows.
- Each Two Year Endourology fellow is required to have 1 published article in the Journal of Endourology, from work they performed during the fellowship with the fellow as the first author, to receive certification.
- Two Year Endourology Fellows must write and have accepted either an animal protocol or IRB clinical protocol; the fellow should then proceed to complete this protocol or play the lead role in initiating and moving it forward toward completion.
- Fellow Case Logs must be submitted via our website, www.endourology.org (Instructions are attached). Your login ID is your last name first initial (no spaces) and your password is fellow (lower case letters only). You should be entering your surgical cases as they are being conducted.
- Two Year Endourology Fellows are required to submit a list of publications, book chapters, videos, and didactic sessions (teaching conferences or courses which you gave during their fellowship (i.e. lectures or laboratory instruction, title of IRB or Animal Protocol) during your fellowship years.
- All of the above, with the exception of the Essay Contest and Case Logs, can be sent via e-mail to Debra Caridi, Executive Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org at the completion of your fellowship.
- Case requirements are as follows:
Advanced Clinical Training Certificate: Endourology/Stone Surgery
60 retrograde ureteroscopic cases
30 percutaneous renal cases
Advanced Clinical Training Certificate: Laparoscopic/Robotic Surgery
100 laparoscopic/Robotic cases (minimum of 20 cases each in lower and upper urinary tract)
Two Year Combined Endourology Fellowship:
Fellows must actively participate in at least the following number of operations during the 2 year course of training: 60 retrograde ureteroscopic – uretero-renoscopic cases, 60 percutaneous renal cases, 100 laparoscopic or robotic assisted cases. Of the 100 robotic assisted or laparoscopic cases. At least 20 of these 100 robotic assisted or laparoscopic cases must be upper and 20 must lower urinary tract operations.
Two Year Endourology Fellowship in Lap/Robotics:
150 robotic cases, 30 in each category of upper and lower
Two Year Endourology Fellowship in Endourology/Stone Surgery:
To ensure that you are registered with the Endourology Society, kindly fill out the information below and either e-mail to email@example.com or fax it back to Debra Caridi at 516-520-1225 as soon as possible.
PDF version of this document is available for download.
Many thanks for helping us make the Endourology Fellowship one of the best subspeciality offerings in Urology.
|Chandru Sundaram, M.D.
Chairman, Fellowship Committee
|Margaret Pearle, M.D.
2 year Combined Endourology Fellowship: __________
1 year Advanced Clinical Training Certificate in Endourology/Stone Disease: __________
1 year Advanced Clinical Training Certificate in Laparoscopic & Robotic Surgery: __________
2 Year Endourology Fellowship Endourology/Stone: __________
2 Year Endourology Fellowship Lap/Robotics
Institution:___________________________________ Program Director:______________________
Start and End Dates of Fellowship:_______________________________________________________