Members of the Endourological Society receive complimentary membership to the Society of Urologic Robotic Surgeons, Focal Therapy Society, and Engineering & Urology Society. These subspecialty societies of the Endourologic Society promote clinical innovation and education within specific areas of minimally invasive urology.
Society of Urologic Robotic Surgeons – SURS
SURS is a collaboration of robotic surgeons who are interested in promoting all aspects of robotic-assisted surgery, including emerging techniques/procedures, credentialing/training, cost-effective analyses, and collaborative research. The mission of the group is to:
- To promote and maintain the highest standards of education, research and clinical applications of computer assisted or robotic technology, as it relates to the field of urology.
- To facilitate the exchange of information between professionals with a primary interest in urologic computer assisted or robotic interventions.
- To support and contribute to the academic activities of its members in the pursuit of improving this technique and patient care.
- To carry out activities related to urologic robotic or computer assisted interventions that the members feel appropriate.
- To represent its members and the specialty of urologic robotic or computer assisted surgery internationally in appropriate professional, social and economic forums.
Members of SURS have collaborated to publish articles on robotic procedure nomenclature, credentialing, and current use of robotic simulators. The Endourology Society has given strong support to SURS through administrative support, annual society meetings at the AUA and WCE, and collaboration with the AUA to procedure the live surgery course. SURS was founded in 2005. Membership is included with the annual dues to the Endourology Society. The official journal for SURS is the Journal of Endourology.
Focal Therapy Society - FTS
The Engineering and Urology Society
The Engineering and Urology Society offers a unique opportunity for collaboration where engineering innovation meets clinical demand. This cooperation leads to an unparalleled exchange of ideas and routes to address clinical problems with engineering solutions. The ultimate forum where these interchanges occur is at the Annual Meeting of the Engineering and Urology Society held in conjunction with the Annual American Urological Association Meeting. This is also the only dedicated section of the Endourology Society at the AUA. The Annual Meeting of the Engineering and Urology Society offers the delegates an opportunity to present and learn about the latest research developments in urologic technology. The Morning session consists of state of the art lectures and discussions in the hottest areas of technology. The afternoon poster sessions allow members to present their work, discuss, and obtain further feedback and ideas from fellow technophiles.